Thursday, February 21, 2013

"RiRi" aka Rihanna's NEW Collection w/MAC





Congratulations Rihanna!!!!  Singer (check), Mega Celebrity (check); Actress (check - & I liked her role in Battleship); Designer (check); and now Creator of her own makeup line collaborated with MAC (aside to Viva Glam that promotes to help MAC's AIDS fund) and all at the age of 25.  I'm super excited and can't wait to see this up close.  

Happy Belated Birthday RiRi (Feb. 20).  She shares my sister's birthday except my sister would perhaps wish to be 25 again (shoot don't we all :)

So with all the hype about her on & off relationship with Chris Brown, I'm happy she keeps her priorities in check.  I heard the great news yesterday through the infamous blogger Perez Hilton.  

It's been said quote "The first product to launch will be RiRi Woo, a lipstick inspired by her favorite MAC red, Ruby Woo. Its release will coincide with Rihanna’s Diamonds Tour concerts on May 4 and 5 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, where MAC will open a pop-up shop on the first night to showcase the line."
I love being a Brooklyn native and work a few blocks away from the Barclay Center :)  Don't get discouraged, it will also be sold online.  In the article (below), Rihanna praises how much fun it was working with MAC and playing with colors (she's girlie alright) but the most difficult time she had was working on RiRi Woo.  She quotes "Creating RiRi Woo was a particular challenge, she said: “Working with MAC, it’s difficult to get a red lipstick that beats Ruby Woo, because it works on every skin tone. I had so many different samples to choose from and so many different colors underneath — blue, yellow, orange and pink bases. And I got to pick one that worked, and I tried it on all my friends to make sure it worked on all of our skin tones.”

From the picture (above), I love the packaging with her signature "RiRi" in light pink and gold edging on the compact.  

Tell me, what do you think of Rihanna's collaboration? 


I have listed the 2 links below so you can read furthermore

http://www.wwd.com/beauty-industry-news/color-cosmetics/mac-joins-forces-with-rihanna-6780854?src=nl/newsAlert/20130220-1 


http://perezhilton.com/cocoperez/2013-02-20-rihanna-collaborates-with-mac-cosmetics-on-new-makeup-line#.USUiAfIbt-0

No comments:

Post a Comment