Makeup Geek was having a few SALES so I finally jumped on the band wagon. I must say it's worth all the hype.
I purchased the 9 shadow starter kit; 1 single eye shadow in 'Bitten'; 1 Blush 'Summer Fling' (love that name); and 2 Foil Eye Shadows 'Caitlin Rose' and 'Grandstand'
My package arrived in a good fashion time manner after placing my order. It was nicely packed in bubble wrap, which helps protect & secure the makeup.
A personal note was enclosed with my name :)
The set of 9 eye shadows were packed nicely with this silver metallic rope/ribbon. It was simple yet stylish and very cute.
I love the fact that each pan sleeve has a different design:
- foil sleeve - is in a rose gold color and it's my favorite (left)
- pressed eye shadow - is in black & white (middle)
- blush - is in black & white lotus, which is Marlena's logo and recording room set-up (right)
I packed my M.U.G products in my zebra z-palette. The following colors are (NO PRIMER):
Starting Top Left to Right/First Row
- 'Summer Fling' (large pan) Blush
- 'Creme Brulee' eye shadow
- 'Shimmer Shimmer' eye shadow
- 'Unexpected' eye shadow
- 'Bitten' eye shadow
- 'Corrupt' eye shadow
- Prom Queen
- Cocoa Bear
- Drama Queen
Left Side/2 Foil Shadows on the bottom
- Grandstand (taupe/rose gold)
- Caitlin Rose (purple)
There is a story behind Caitlin Rose, which is why I had to purchase it. As a mother who knows first hand how important it is to support charity and how charity really helps families, I am so happy that Makeup Geek is involved. Please click on the link above to read more.
|Some colors under a different light|
Review - M.U.G products are:
- Highly pigmented
- It's soft so it can have some fall out when picking up with your brush BUT NO fall out on your face
- The foil eye shadows are so PRETTY and also soft with no fall outs
- Easy to work with when blending
- Shipping and handling is an A+
- Packaging is an A+
Now on to the look - - - - - -
|Damn zit :(|
- Creme Brulee as my transitional color all over my crease and above
- Summer Fling on my crease and lower lash line
- Coco Bear and Bitten on my outer crease
- Grandstand on lid
- Mocha and Drama Queen smudged on lower lash line over Summer Fling
- MAC eye liner 'Teddy' in my water line
- NYX Matte Liquid eyeliner on upper lash line
- Benefit Mascara 'They're Real'
- NYX False Eyelashes
- Ardency Inn Foundation
- Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Skin Liquid Lighting
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer 'Medium Light'
- MAC Sculpting Powder 'Shadester' to contour
- Hourglass Ambient Bronzer 'Radiant Bronze Light'
- Makeup Geek Summer Fling blush
- MAC Lip Liner 'Cherry'
- Bite Beauty Lipstick 'VIB Rouge'