Sunday, August 16, 2015

My Go to Summer Lotions, Primers, Foundations and Mists for Oily-Combination Skin

The heat and humidity is so rough especially on your skin, hair and of course for us makeup junkies.  

I want to share the products that I have been using to help keep my makeup in tack, fresh and long lasting for oily-combination skin.

Lotion: 
1. Embryolisse Hydra Matte Emulsion

I love this product and have been using it for a while. Not only it can be used as a moisturizer, but as a primer too.  It's soft, lite and lasts for a long period on the skin.  You can purchase this brand at Alcone and many online sites.  It retails at $40.   

2. MAC Oil Control Lotion

This retails at $33.00.  It works well except by the end of the day, I do find my T-Zone oily especially my nose so I have to retouch.  I hate retouching because I hate carrying extra makeup besides what I usually carry in my bag, which is: mascara, Urban Decay Naked concealer, beauty blender or brush, Eve Pearl Invisible Finish Powderless Powder and lipstick. If you own E.P Powderless Powder then you're good to go, but if you don't own it, then you should.  It's great to retouch your makeup without over carrying additional products because it will immediately help reduce shine.

3. Nivea Men Post Shave Balm - Sensitive

Nikki from Nikki Tutorials has been raving about this product and have used it in many of her tutorials.  I have been watching Nikki's tutorials since she was 15 years old and had the pleasure of meeting her at 2011 IMATS.  Therefore, I had to pick it up and try it for myself.  The only place I was able to find it was at drugstore.com and it retails at $6.29.  This product works and keeps my face (especially my nose) matte all day!!!!  The only con I have with it is that it's a bit heavy especially for traveling. It is a man's shaving balm so it does have a scent, but manageable.  I like to mix this product with one of the other lotions or Boscias No Pores No Shine and my primer. 

4. Michael Todd Moisture Lite

This is a new product that I recently purchased.  It retails for $29.00 and can be purchased online.  It works well for acne prone and sensitive skin.  The texture is very soft and lite. 

Primer: 

1. Benefit The Porefessional Face Primer

This was the first primer I have ever used when I started to play with makeup and years later it's still my go 2 product because it helps reduce my pores and preps my skin evenly as well as allow my makeup application to go on smoothly.  It retails at $31.00 and can be purchased at Sephora and Ulta.

2. Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Smoothing Primer 

This primer retails at $36.00 and can be purchased at Sephora or Make Up For Ever Store.  It works very well because it helps smooth your skin so when you apply your foundation it blends beautifully, but it also helps with minimize your pores.  

3. Maybelline Face Studio Master Prime Blur + Smooth

This is a drug store primer that can be purchased basically anywhere including Walmart, Target and Ulta.  It retails at $9.99  I think it's a great substitute for Make Up For Ever.   

Foundation: 
1. Dior Air Flawless Skin Foundation
This product is VERY EXPENSIVE retailing at $62.  It can be purchased at Sephora.  It's the type of foundation that you only want to take out and use during special occasions.  I like to use a buffing brush or a damp beauty blender to apply.  It's light weight and leaves your skin beautiful with a medium coverage.  
 
2. L'Oreal Pro-Matte Foundation


This drug store product literally blew up on the scene and became a MUST HAVE for all oily and combination skin users.  It can be purchased at most drug stores as well as Target, Walmart and Ulta.  It does its job by keeping your skin matte for a long time and provides a medium to full coverage.  It retails between $11.99 to 13.99 depending where you live.  Rite Aid and Ulta has had 40% off on this product so keep a look out for your weekly circular. 

3. MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation

This foundation is new to the MAC family and it's AWESOME.  It works well for ALL skin types and is Medium to Full Coverage.  It retails at $33.00

4. Buxom Show Some Skin Weightless Foundation

This foundation is weightless but works as a luminous BB cream.  When I want an extra glow, I like to mix this foundation with L'Oreal Pro Matte Foundation to give me that extra skin boost as well as coverage.

Mist:

1. MAC Fix + 

I like to apply this spray prior to applying makeup to wake-up my skin and/or after.  I love the scent!!!

2. Urban Decay Chill Cooling and Hydrating Makeup Spray

I like to spray 2 to 3 times after I have completed my makeup application.  This spray can be purchased at Sephora or urbandecay.com

3. Caudalie Beauty Elixir  

I love this mist because it truly helps give my skin a radiance and tighten my pores.  It can be purchased at Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment