Monday, August 31, 2015

Makeup Geek Cosmetics Review (look & swatches)


I am a HUGE fan of Marlena, owner and CEO of Makeup Geek Cosmetics and a YouTube sensation guru.  I started to watch YouTube makeup videos for the first time ever in 2008 and Makeup Geek was the second channel I subscribed to.  Marlena is GREAT on explaining product(s), cost(s), pro(s) and con(s), yet keeping her videos straight to the point.  In addition, she seems to be such a genuine and sweet woman and to this day she's still the same way even with her success.  Congratulations Marlena and to Makeup Geek Cosmetics!!!!!!

Makeup Geek was having a few SALES so I finally jumped on the band wagon.  I must say it's worth all the hype. 

I purchased the 9 shadow starter kit; 1 single eye shadow in 'Bitten'; 1 Blush 'Summer Fling' (love that name); and 2 Foil Eye Shadows 'Caitlin Rose' and 'Grandstand'  

 

My package arrived in a good fashion time manner after placing my order.  It was nicely packed in bubble wrap, which helps protect & secure the makeup.


A personal note was enclosed with my name :)


The set of 9 eye shadows were packed nicely with this silver metallic rope/ribbon.  It was simple yet stylish and very cute.  


I love the fact that each pan sleeve has a different design:
  • foil sleeve - is in a rose gold color and it's my favorite (left)
  • pressed eye shadow - is in black & white (middle)
  • blush - is in black & white lotus, which is Marlena's logo and recording room set-up (right)


I packed my M.U.G products in my zebra z-palette.  The following colors are (NO PRIMER):

Starting Top Left to Right/First Row
  • 'Summer Fling' (large pan) Blush
  • 'Creme Brulee' eye shadow
  • 'Shimmer Shimmer' eye shadow 
  • 'Unexpected' eye shadow
  • 'Bitten' eye shadow 
  • 'Corrupt' eye shadow 
Second Row/In the Middle/Left to Right Eye Shadows
  • Glamorous
  • Prom Queen
  • Cocoa Bear
  • Mocha
  • Drama Queen

Left Side/2 Foil Shadows on the bottom

There is a story behind Caitlin Rose, which is why I had to purchase it.  As a mother who knows first hand how important it is to support charity and how charity really helps families, I am so happy that Makeup Geek is involved.  Please click on the link above to read more.

Some colors under a different light

Review - M.U.G products are:
  • Highly pigmented
  • It's soft so it can have some fall out when picking up with your brush BUT NO fall out on your face
  • The foil eye shadows are so PRETTY and also soft with no fall outs
  • Easy to work with when blending
  • Affordable
  • Shipping and handling is an A+
  • Packaging is an A+ 

Now on to the look - - - - - - 



Damn zit :(
EYES:
  • Creme Brulee as my transitional color all over my crease and above
  • Summer Fling on my crease and lower lash line
  • Coco Bear and Bitten on my outer crease 
  • Grandstand on lid
  • Mocha and Drama Queen smudged on lower lash line over Summer Fling
  • MAC eye liner 'Teddy' in my water line 
  • NYX Matte Liquid eyeliner on upper lash line
  • Benefit Mascara 'They're Real'
  • NYX False Eyelashes 

FACE:
  • Ardency Inn Foundation
  • Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Skin Liquid Lighting 
  • Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer 'Medium Light'
  • MAC Sculpting Powder 'Shadester' to contour
  • Hourglass Ambient Bronzer 'Radiant Bronze Light'
  • Makeup Geek Summer Fling blush

LIPS:
  • MAC Lip Liner 'Cherry'
  • Bite Beauty Lipstick 'VIB Rouge

No comments:

Post a Comment