Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Ulta Haul (Benefit/Tarte/Urban Decay/NYX/Real Technics/Living Proof/Eyelure Lashes)

Hi!  

This is a haul on my purchases back in March & April from Ulta.  


Real Techniques Brushes by Samantha Chapman

I LOVE these brushes!!!!!!  This is a MUST have whether you are a makeup artist or just starting to build your kit or even if you just need good brushes (you get the point! :)   This brand is designed by Samantha Chapman who's a YouTube sensation.  

http://www.youtube.com/user/pixiwoo




Up Close & Personal

Starting L to R - how I like to use these brushes:
  • Doomed Shadow Brush - I Love to use this brush to blend concealer and eyeshadow
  • Pointed Foundation Brush - apply concealer
  • Fluffy Brush - apply loose powder under the eye or blend a highlighter under the brow bone 
  • Contour Brush - contour with a bronzer 
  • Angle Brush - I LOVE to use this brush to apply cream/liquid concealer to highlight the face
  • Foundation Brush - apply liquid foundation or cream blush
  • Buffing Brush - apply foundation (MY #1 BRUSH)
  • Multi-Task Brush - apply powder, blush or a highlighter (LOVE)
  • Detailer Brush - lip brush (brush not in the picture)


BACK SIDE - 2 different sets - L to R: 'Core Collection' & 'Travel Essentials'

Real Techniques has 3 Brush Sets.  As you can see the back of each set has a picture of the beautiful Samantha and details for how to use each brush.  It also comes with a Panoramic carrying case that can be used to carry, store and stand your brushes.  Each set retail at $17.99.  Recently, Samantha launched her NEW brush set that has White bristles with a White handle.  I purchased these products during a sale buy 1 get 1 50% off and in addition I had a coupon for $3.50 off. 

Brush Case/Stand

Individual Brushes

The individual brushes were on sale as well.  These brushes retail at $5.99 each.  

I highly recommend this brand.  I love the quality, cool colors on the handle , price and the fact that I can go to any Ulta store to purchase.  There's no fall outs and it's very easy to clean.   

* My favorite brush is the buffing brush.  It's very similar to the Sigma's F80 brush.  Both brushes give great payoffs!*  

http://search.ulta.com/search?p=Q&lbc=ulta&uid=2979019&w=*&af=brand%3arealtechniques&method=and&isort=date&view=grid&cnt=300 



Benefit Cosmetics




This cute traveling 6 piece set from Benefit that cost $24.00 consists the following step by step:

Cleanser - clean your face from dirt/oil/makeup
Exfoliate - deep cleaning
Toning Lotion -Prep for face moisturizer 
Facial Emulsion - hydrates the skin
Eye Cream - moisture eye lids
Facial Cream - moisture the skin (good for dry skin)

http://search.ulta.com/nav/hierarchy1/skincare/hierarchy2/face/brand/benefitcosmetics/0



This set smells nice but most importantly feels great on the skin!  The only thing I'm not too crazy about is the fragrance is of each piece is strong - like perfume.  It reminds me of 'Model in a Bottle.' 




Living Proof



Living Proof is the NEW hair brand being promoted by Jennifer Anderson.  

http://www.ulta.com/livingproof/index.html

I thought this was a good price for a kit especially for traveling purposes.  It retails at $29.00.  It comes with the following:

Shampoo
Conditioner
Hair Mask
Leave-in Conditioner

The first thing I have to say it smells really good.  I have dry hair but after applying the hair mask my hair felt silky and helped with the tangling.  As per the labeling on the product, Living Proof can be used on any hair type.  This brand is on the high end purchasing individually.   



NYX New Gel Liner & Smudger
Color - Cobalt Blue

This gel liner is perfect for the summer because it's smudge proof.  The color really attracted me (especially since Blue is my favorite color).  It's very similar to Urban Decay's NEW 24/7 pencil in 'Chaos' and it's affordable retailing at $7.99.  I purchased this online with 20% off.  I actually used it during one of the days I worked at the makeup show and it kept my eye makeup in tact.  I haven't really tried the other colors but if you have please share. 

NYX Gel Liner:
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod5050055

Urban Decay's 24/7 Pencil:
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=VP11242#sku2258699



Eylure Lashes by Katy Perry

Ka-Boom (Blue Lashes)

Ka-Pow (Purple lashes)


Blue Eyelashes

Purple Eyelashes

I have to be honest, I was never a fan of Katy Perry's lashes.  However, when I saw these it immediately caught my attention.  I LOVE the fun colors - Blue and Purple.  I also purchased these with a 20% off coupon.  



Tarte Cosmetics
Box

Front of Packaging

Inside - pretty!

I'm a huge fan of Tarte Cosmetics so when this collection came out I was immediately drawn to it for its packaging and the fact it's waterproof! This limited palette is inspired by America's most glamorous synchronized swimming group - Aqualillies.  It retails at $38.00 and I purchased it during Ulta's Family & Friends 20% off.  
This palette has:
1 blush (middle) 
1 highlighter (top left)
1 Bronzer (top right)
6 eyeshadows on the bottom (2 matte/4 shimmer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-jJSBY5Y7I 

I LOVE this palette.  It's big!  I've been using the bronzer from this palette and love it.  This will be my 'go-2' palette for the summer.  This collection also comes with a lipstick, powder and gel liner but are sold separately. 



Urban Decay

Naked Skin Beauty Balm (BB Cream)

This will be #1 product for the summer!  I LOVE this product!  It's so lightweight, smells nice (nothing strong) and provides a nice tint.  It blends nicely on the skin.  Basically I prep my skin followed by U.B BB cream, concealer, loose powder, blush and I'm done.  I recommend this BB Cream.  It retails at $34.00 and I bought it with a 20% coupon off.  

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2256112&productId=xlsImpprod4980069&navAction=push&navCount=1&subdoc=1urbandecaynakedcollection&categoryId=cat170002 

No comments:

Post a Comment