Monday, June 6, 2011

REVIEW on Nars NEW Spring 2011 Super Orgasm illuminator/feather earrings

Ok, for Memorial weekend, we had such beautiful weather in NY that I decided to stroll the streets in Soho.  I use to love walking in the city back in the days so it felt good.  I had a list of stores & items I've been wanting for a hot minute.


I started with Sephora aka 'my mothership' like my family calls it, lol and took my time taking swatches.  By the way, Urban Decay LIMITED Edition 'Rollergirl' Palette is hot!!!!  



I was mainly interested in LORAC luminizer.  Now, I have never used a luminizer before or even cared for it until recently I saw Marlena from MakeUpGeek give a tutorial and review on her YouTube channel.  


TUTORIAL


REVIEW 


If you love JLo and Kim Kardashian's glowy look then you would probably be interested in a lumizier.  It's a liquid highlighter that gives a super glowy appearance and can be utilize further than a powder.  To use all over your face, I was told by a Sephora beauty expert, you can mix it with your foundation; for a glow on the cheeks it can be mix with your blush; or you can simply use your fingers/brush and apply it.


Sadly, the Sephora in Soho didn't carry the brand Lorac and just when I was going to leave the store empty handed, I swatch Nars illuminator...




$29.00 1.1 oz/30 ml.
This is a BEAUTIFUL pinky/peachy color with a nice minimum glow 
with a flash


Pros: pretty color, drys fast without caking, everyday wearable (especially for office jobs), although it comes in a small bottle - a little bit goes a long way so this will last you a long time, good from light to dark skin tone and it doesn't have a scent 

*** I will be using this more on my cheeks ***

CONS: too much money for the size of the bottle and not "glowy" enough at least for my taste (but still suitable to use)

*** If you're looking for JLO & Kim K. "glowy" look this product may not be it. *** 



After Sephora, I began hunting for a store called 'Necessary Clothing' that someone recommended me due to it's affordable clothing and accessories (damn...it's that noticeable that I'm an accessory junkie, lol).  Super, super excited to find this store cause this person who referred me bought beautiful long feather earrings with clear stones, which I LOVE.  I've been into feather earrings since last year and have a few but short length and I want to try long ones.  When I found the store it turned out to be for junior sizes.  I was disappointed cause this store really does have cute affordable clothes, but not for big girls (sorry...it's all good! lol).  In addition, I didn't find any feather earrings.  If you're interested, Necessary Clothing have like 5 stores running from Broadway to China Town (you can find addresses on Facebook).

So I started to walk and found a jewelry stand and guess what I found....

LOVE MY PRETTY FEATHER EARRINGS!!!!  I bought it in 'white' too, lol

\
I'm wearing the illuminator on my cheeks

'Goldilux' from Sugar Pill Cosmetics on my lid and Wet & Wild Pale Pink on my crease

Close up on the cheeks....more can be added to bring out the color a bit but it's not a powerful highlighter

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous look, honey!! I am going to check those videos you mention now, and try to learn a few tips! I consider Nars illuminator is amazing!!
    Love from Spain,
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Catanya from Spain (how cool!!!), thank you! Yes, check Makeupgeek she's awesome and gives great tips!!!

    ReplyDelete