Many cosmetic companies launched there Holiday palette/gift sets early this year. I love shopping during the holiday for this same reason. You get products in a set value, which is usually at a great deal.
Buxom Holiday Dolly's High Roller Collection Palette
|L to R: Swatches of the eye shadow; Blush; and Bronzer|
|Back of the box (not on the palette)|
This palette includes (names of each shadow listed in the picture above):
- 4 eye shadows (2 matte and 2 shimmer)
- 3 cheek colors (blush, highlighter and Bronzer)
- 1 waterproof eyeliner (matte black) that works perfect on the waterline and for those who have sensitive eyes
- A duo lip gloss (sultry mauve/shimmering sultry mauve)
- Face Chart Guide (it shows you how to create 2 different makeup application)
- The theme is obviously based on the game POKER. Overall, I like to design and how it is compacted.
- The palette is bulky so I thought it had a compartment or compartments (like a jewelry box) to use for storage, but it does not.
- It's not travel size friendly only because it's a large palette (air only) but if you're traveling local it's fine
- Palette is light weight
- The colors are organized and compliments one another well for use
- I love the fact it has 4 eye shadows - 2 matte and 2 with shimmer and it compliments any skin color
Hourglass - The Indestructible Matte Liquid Lipstick in 'Icon'
|Travel Size Liquid Lipstick in 'Icon'|
*The color is similar to Kat Von D Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick 'Outlaw.' Hourglass 'Icon'
Limited Ambient Lighting Blush Palette
|L to R: Luminous Flush (champagne rose); Incandescent Electra (cool peach); & Mood Exposure (soft plum)|
I was so happy when Hourglass created this palette because you get 3 blushes in a palette for the price of 1 individual. The palette is designed the same as the powder palette released in 2013 (currently permanent). The blush palette is limited. It's great for people who are not "blush" users, but would like to add a bit of color on the cheeks.
Limited Rocky Horror Pigment and Lipstick
|Top to Bottom: I.N.E.H.A.G.T & Cranberry eye shadow|
The two colors are very similar so if you didn't get your hands on this limited pigment you have an alternative with permanent eyeshadow 'Cranberry'.
The lipstick 'Strange Journey' is my ultimate favorite. It's a red/orange matte color.
|Sorry for the incomplete look. I was playing with eyelashes :)|
Milani - the color is so pretty more like a rose-red, but when I arrived at home the lipstick broke after I swatch it on my hand :(
Maybelline's NEW Matte lipsticks are beautiful, but #660 Touch of Spice is the color that caught my eye. It's a beautiful rose/plum. The color lasts a long time on the lips, glides on smoothly and compliments any skin color.