Friday, November 14, 2014

Halloween 2014


Zombie Bride
Every year, I allow my children to choose our Halloween theme.  This year, my son Ethan chose 'Zombie' inspired by one of his favorite movie 'World War Z."  The only thing is that Ethan had trouble keeping to one theme this year because he changed his mind about 2 times.  At last, he chose to be -
I don't know what costume is this but Ethan loved it and had so much fun this year

and I stayed with the zombie theme.  I didn't know how to go about with this look, but I knew that I wanted to have a hanging eye and I didn't want to overdo the look using massive blood. I wanted the look to be spooky yet a bit pretty.  If you're interested on how I created this then keep on reading :)

All the tools I used

I first started out with creating my eye patch using:
  • Toilet tissue
  • Elmer's glue stick
  • Mehron Liquid Latex - Skin Color
  • Cotton ball 
  • Blow dryer
  • Mehron Paradise Body Paint Palette
  • Spatula  
-I first colored a cotton ball to create an "eye ball" by using my Mehron palette.  Once I was done, I put it on the side to allow it to dry.  
-Then, I applied Elmer's glue stick on my brows (this helps when using liquid latex on the brow hair) 
-Next, I placed layers of toilet tissue on to my face using liquid latex (be caution when applying it especially in sensitive area like your eye.  This product can burn or irritate) and spatula 
-Used a blow dryer on "cool" to help dry the wet areas
-Once dry, I removed the entire patch (I used my blow dryer again to help remove)

Now, it's time for the fun part - makeup!

FACE:
-Used the "white" color from my Mehron palette, I filled in my eyebrows
-I mixed "Lo-Fi" (discontinued) lip tar from O.C.C, grey paint from the dollar store and my EX1 foundation using a beauty blender and applied it over my face, ears and a bit on my neck.
-I set it with MAC's loose Prep & Prime loose powder
-I used MAC's eye shadow 'Fig1' to sculpt my cheeks, forehead, nose and jaw.  I added a bit of Urban Decay eye shadow 'Blackout' on my cheeks and forehead to add more dimension as well as MAC's eye shadow 'Nocturnelle'


EYES:
-MAC Pro Paint Pot in 'Paintly' as a eye base
-MAC's eyeshadow 'Fig1', 'Nocturnelle' and 'Purple Haze' and blend all over crease, above my crease and lower lash line
-Urban Decay eyeshadow 'Asphalt' from the Smoked Palette on my lid
-Inglot Matte Collection AMC Eyeliner Gel Liner #79 on lower lash line
-Neutrogena and L'Oreal waterproof mascara 2 to 3 coats on upper and lower lashes
-I placed the eye patch back over my eye using liquid latex and touched it up with the same colors used on my face and eyes.
-Used my tweezers to cut a few holes on the tissue to make it look dramatic (BE CAREFUL doing this step)
-I added the fake "eye" ball back on the eye patch
-I added blood (not too much) 
-Last, I popped in a color white contact and my zombie bride look was done

LIPS:
-Stila Kajal Eyeliner 'Onyx'
-OFRA lip gloss 'Bordeaux'




Oh, I forgot to mention that I colored my teeth using gold and black tooth paint.

A few pics on Halloween Day -



I love my skeleton hands hair clip that I purchased at Target for $4.00


No comments:

Post a Comment