Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Summer 2014 Favorite - Hair Products

I am always asked the same question everyday, "What do you use on your hair?!"  


I have naturally dry curly hair and it's long so I must keep it moisturize starting with my scalp.  I have had a journey on finding the right products that would work...and trust me I have tried it all!  

In order, I am going to show you the products I have been using as new discoveries and long time favorite.
  • LUSH Cosmetics:
Hair Treatment - Marilyn

 
 
I purchased Marilyn in August and it's my first time trying it.  It's a treatment for Blonde hair, naturally or bleach, that helps your color last longer.  What I like about this treatment is how it helps enhance my color to look more rich and healthy due to all the natural ingredients. I would apply this before shampoo.  It looks like oatmeal :) and smells nice. 

http://www.lushusa.com/Marilyn/00645,en_US,pd.html#start=6 

Shampoo - BIG


BIG is a shampoo that looks like rice pudding, but it's just sea salt that helps exfoliate the scalp.  I have been using BIG since April and repurchased it in August.  I like to dab a small amount and massage my scalp and hair.  Try not to rub too hard - remember it is sea salt so you can feel a slight burn irritation but thankfully it goes away.  I leave it on for about 5 minutes before rinsing off.


Conditioner - Retread


This conditioner looks and feels like milk!  I purchased it in August and again my first time using this product.  It leaves my hair soft, shinny and it looks healthy whether my hair is curly or straight.  Again, I like to leave it in for 5 minutes concentrating the middle to the end of the roots of my hair before rinsing off. 

http://www.lushusa.com/Retread/02019,en_US,pd.html#start=4

*Lush products are pricey but overall worth the penny.  I can't wait to try there other hair products especially for curls and scalp.

  • Josie Maran Hair Serum (Sephora)
  • Alterna - Caviar CC Cream 10-N-1 Leave-In Perfector (Ulta)
  • Carol's Daughter  


I have been using Josie Maran hair serum since December 2013 and with 2 pumps I can cover my hair.  I recently discovered Caviar Cream leave-in treatment and Carols Daughter.  Caviar Cream smells AMAZING and it provides 10-in-1 solutions.  Carol's Daughter texture is much thicker than the other 2 products so I would prefer to use during winter when my skin gets more dry.  Overall, all 3 products help with dryness, frizz while providing shine and health.  I purchased Carols Daughter in Target but it can also be found at Ulta as well as Alterna - Caviar CC Cream and Josie Maran can be purchased at Sephora.
  • Jane Carter Solution - Curl Defining Cream

This is my magic wand for my pretty curls.  It smells fabulous!!!!  I have been using this product more then a year and I love it.  At first, I was only able to find it at my hair salon, but I am so happy the brand has now branched out.  This product can be found at Target, Rite Aide and I have even seen it at Ulta.  It retails between $14 to $18.  I only use 2 full hand dips to cover my whole hair.  It gives it a wet full look and reduce frizz.  This container can last me between 3 to 4 months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment